Google algorithm updates, including the latest Google Penguin update, are forcing many webmasters across the world to redefine their internet marketing strategies. Google Penguin updates are targeting websites that violates Google Webmaster Guidelines. These violations include keyword stuffing, cloaking, link schemes and duplicate content.
Some of them have already received giant batch of unnatural link warnings from Google. So Google is targeting your backlinks which are created just for increasing the backlinks count without considering the quality of the backlinks. Penguin updates are now targeting such websites. If you have a website which has thousands of such low quality spam backlinks, what is the solution to overcome this nightmare before it affects your website? Diversified backlinks and proper internet marketing strategies can help you to overcome these issues.
To analyse and validate these backlinks and content related issues, you can make use of the superior tools provided by Google itself, such as Google Webmaster tools and Google Analytics. You can also make use of Bing Webmaster tools to analyse your website and find out the potential problems with your site.
Here is the most critical checklist to follow to avoid Google penalty on these backlinks horror.
Backlinks and Keyword combination
When you create a backlink you may use a particular keyword to ensure that the same keyword gets more link juice towards your site and there by a great SERP rank. How many times have you used the same keyword that targets the same URL? Hundreds? Then you are at risk. This is a kind of backlinks spam and Google is now targeting exactly that. You need to analyse your backlinks and find out the keywords that are repeated multiple times. But if you have already created hundreds of such links and if you don’t have a control over them then take necessary steps to ensure that these anchor texts (keywords) are diversified. You can either contact the domain owner or request them to change the same or even request them to remove it.
Backlinks and Domain Details
what is the overall score of the domain from which you have gained backlinks? Validate the PR, Alexa rank etc of the domains from which you received the backlinks. The more reputed they are, the more safe is your domain.
If more than 50% of your backlinks are from domains which are new or not so old (less than one year) then you are at risk. As you may know, an old domain seems to be more credible for search engines. Validate your backlinks density on older domains.
Your backlinks source is another important point to be considered. How many of them are from the same domain or IP address? If many of them are from the same domain then take necessary steps to diversify it. Because too many backlinks from the same domain may not go well with search engines new algorithms.
Internal links and keywords
it is not a bad idea to create internal links that connects different pages of the same site. But what about the keywords and pattern used? Your internal anchor keywords need to be validated for any potential keyword stuffing. Optimize them to avoid Google penalty.
Check your internal backlinks for broken links. Fix them if you find any or remove them if the target is already deleted.
Optimize your Pages
Avoid duplicate content. Validate your entire site and its pages for duplicate Titles, Meta description, headings. Also check for too many keywords in same page. Remove and optimize them and always avoid keyword stuffing. We have already discussed these issues. Go through the below article to know how to do.
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,420 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,450 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,344 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,605 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,496 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,377 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,452 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,515 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,243 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,082 view(s)
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?
- How To Optimize Your Google+ Page And Profile For Search Engines
- Find Serial Numbers, Backup Product Keys of Installed Application in Windows