Google PageRank results from “votes” among all the other pages on the World Wide Web about how important a page is. In other words PageRank is a numeric value that tells how important a page is on the web.The name “PageRank” is a trademark of Google named after Larry Page. Pages that Google consider as important pages receive a higher PageRank.Pages with higher PageRank are more likely to appear at the top of the search results.
- Inbound Links – Get More web site traffic with Backlinks
- Basic SEO (Search Engine Optimization) Tips for Better Search Engine Rankings
- 5 Important steps to avoid Search Engine Blacklisting.
Google assigns a numeric value from 0-10 for each web page on the Internet. PageRank occasionally referred as “PR”. A page with PageRank 3 will be referred as PR3.
How to improve PageRank?
Since a hyperlink to a page counts as a vote of support, webmasters can improve the rank of their sites by increasing the number of high-quality sites that link to their pages.But one important fact to consider is that Google filter out links known link farms.Google will not consider those links.
Google PageRank depends on the number and PageRank metric of all incoming links.You need to find other sites which already have a Page Rank of 4 or higher and request them for a link reference.
To prevent link farming Google has introduced rel=”nofollow” option.Read more about rel=”nofollow” at below link.
How does search engines like Google handle rel=”nofollow” links?
How to calculate PageRank?
1. Google Toolbar
Google Toolbar is an browser toolbar.It is available for Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.Google Toolbar displayes the PageRank of any webpage opened in the browser window. Apart from the PageRank display Google Toolbar has lot of other features like Google Gadgets,faster access to your most visited sites,Forms AutoFill,Share any web page with your friends and many more.
You can download Google Toolbar from here.
If the Page Rank meter of Google Toolbar is white, it means that the page’s rank is 0. If the Page Rank meter bar is grayed out, it means that the page
has not yet acquired a Page Rank.
You can use the service from PRChecker.info to check your page rank.You can ddd this free Page Rank Checking tool to your web site as below.
|Check Page Rank of any web site pages instantly:|
|This free page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service|
To know more about Google PageRank algorithm read it here.
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,504 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,457 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,346 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,642 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,504 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,389 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,453 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,517 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,244 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,083 view(s)
- How to Use Wi-Fi the Secure Way
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?
- How To Optimize Your Google+ Page And Profile For Search Engines