The Content Farm filtering algorithm launched a few days back. The new Google algorithm designed to filter and push down the search rankings of sites that have low quality content or that is considered as “Content Farm”.
Your blog’s or website’s SERP position may get impacted positively or negatively.
The new Content Farm filtering algorithm resulted in a major changes in Google’s Search Results. Many top resul
There are reports, blog posts and tweets from all corners of the world praising and criticizing the new algorithm and the ripple effects it created. It is believed that the new algorithm which is also known as as “Farmer” algorithm targets page by page level content.
As written in the official Google Blog by Amit Singhal and Matt Cutts,
“But in the last day or so we launched a pretty big algorithmic improvement to our ranking—a change that noticeably impacts 11.8% of our queries—and we wanted to let people know what’s going on. This update is designed to reduce rankings for low-quality sites—sites which are low-value add for users, copy content from other websites or sites that are just not very useful. ”
Few days back we discussed the about how to Block Sites From Google Web Search Results using the Chrome browser extension. Google says that the preferences of Chrome users expressed by using the extension are well represented in the blocklist data gathered with the sites identified by the new algorithm.
Webmasters and Search Engine Experts are really busy in analyzing and researching on the effects of the Google Content Farm Algorithm. Many popular Blogs has negatively impacted because of the new algorithm implementation. One such surprise is the Popular technology blog Labnol – Digital Inspiration labeled as a ‘Content Farm’.
Check How Content Farm Algorithm affected your Blog or site?
Are you a webmaster or a blog author? If yes then did you notice any sudden change in the organic traffic from Google in the past week (after Feb-24th)? If there is a positive change then you can enjoy, if there is a negative change, then Google is thinking that your blog content quality is low and you need to improve the quality to improve your blog’s search engine rankings.
If you are using Google analytics or any traffic analysis tool, then compare the trend in the organic traffic from Google search results.
Risks and Benefits
Millions of bloggers and webmasters who monetize their sites or blogs using business models that tightly coupled with traffics generated by search engine like Google are waiting to see and analyze the impact of the new algorithm. Popular technology blogs like “Labnol” has a strong reader base and may recover soon. But this new algorithm will definitely result in many high earning sites loosing traffic and many good sites which were not getting good traffic may pushed up in the SERP.
This new algorithm change reminds few important facts.
- Content quality is most important.
- Webmaster should give equal importance to other sources of traffic also.
- The business model of your site should not be tightly coupled with specific search engine traffic.
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,460 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,455 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,344 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,616 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,497 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,387 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,453 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,517 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,244 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,082 view(s)
- How to Use Wi-Fi the Secure Way
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?
- How To Optimize Your Google+ Page And Profile For Search Engines