Google has made it lightweight and fast. Google Chrome has lots of safety features and features that makes the browser a fast and reliable browser.
Google Chrome maintains a client id or Unique Id which is unique for every Chrome user which can be used to create profiles of a user’s actions while using Google Chrome. These data collected by Google will help them to prioritize the features and improvements. If you want you can disable this feature of sending information to Google.
Privacy and security settings in Google chrome
Usage statistics contain aggregated information such as preferences, button clicks, and memory usage. You can disable the “sending usage statistics and crash reports to Google” option. If you disable this option Google will not send Chrome usage statistics and crash reports to Google.
You can disable or enable this option by following the below steps.
- Click the wrench icon tools menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Options or Preferences(Mac).
- Click “Under the Hood” tab.
- In the “Privacy” section, select or deselect the “Help make Google better by automatically sending usage statistics and crash reports to Google” check-box to turn this setting on or off.
- Click Close.
Protect your privacy and remove the Chrome unique ID using Chrome Privacy Protector
As we discussed above Google Chrome is using a client_id variable which is unique for every Chrome user, and which can be used to create exact user profiles of a user’s actions while using Google Chrome.
Chrome Privacy Protector is a freeware tool from Aquila Security Software that automatically deletes the unique Client ID before each run of Google Chrome. After installation launch Chrome Privacy Protector, and then close all Google Chrome windows now in case that it is currently launched, and then click the “Remove unique ID now” button to anonymize your Google Chrome. See below
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,507 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,458 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,346 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,643 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,506 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,389 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,453 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,517 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,244 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,083 view(s)
- How to Use Wi-Fi the Secure Way
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?
- How To Optimize Your Google+ Page And Profile For Search Engines