We discussed about using the Google Calendar Sync to sync between your Microsoft Outlook Calendar and Google Calendar. Also we discussed about how to Schedule and Backup Your Google Calendar Automatically. Even though Google Calendar Sync is one of the best option to sync your Google Calendar and use it even if you are offline, it is useful only if you use Microsoft Outlook as your mail client. If you are using other mail clients or you don’t have any such applications you can try other Google Calendar Windows Clients to sync and get notifications even if you are offline.
Let us check few of such Google Calendar Windows Clients which are free and easy to setup.
GMinder – Desktop Reminder for Google Calendar
GMinder is a windows client for Google Calendar and offers additional features. GMinder supports multiple calendars and allows you to configure how you want to be alerted. Since it downloads the Google Calendar events, you will get notification even if you are offline. Using GMinder you can,
- See event details, delete or create new events.
- Dismiss or Snooze events.
- Add, remove, and select calendars in Gminder.
- Adjust settings such as refresh rate, sounds, highlight colors, and alerts
- and many other features.
- Gminder requires Microsoft .NET 2.0 to run.
Google Calendar Windows Client – googlegalwindowsclient
This is another windows client for Google Calendar. Google Calendar Windows Client can retrieve events from multiple Google Calenders, and display them in a small sortable list on the user’s desktop. Once you install the program, you will see is the application icon on the right-hand side of your Taskbar. You can right click on the icon display the menu. Use “Preferences” to add information about your Google Calendars. Click on “Add”, and enter the URL of the public XML URL of your Google Calendar. The public XML can be retrieved as follows,
- Login to your Google account
- Go to Google Calendar.
- Click the Settings link under “My Calendars”.
- In Calendar Settings under “Calendars” tab click on your calendar name.
- Find the Calendar address (not the private address)
- Copy the public address, this is the public XML URL of your Google Calendar.
- You can also setup number of days you want to import data for before and after current date.
- Save calendars. Using the “Preferences” tab, you can set options like, if you want the calendar events to be retrieved when you launch the application, and if you want to use the event reminder popup messages etc.
GCALDaemon is an OS-independent Java program. You need to have JRE (Java 1.5 Runtime Environment or newer) also an iCAL compatible calendar application like Lighting , SunBird etc.
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,489 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,456 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,346 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,639 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,498 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,389 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,453 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,517 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,244 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,083 view(s)
- How to Use Wi-Fi the Secure Way
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?
- How To Optimize Your Google+ Page And Profile For Search Engines