GMail Drive is a virtual file system storage around your Gmail account.It is a free third-party Windows Shell namespace extension for Google’s Gmail.
GMail drive can be considered as an add-on for Gmail.
Even though Gmail Program Policies do not explicitly ban GMail Drive,immoderate use of GMail Drive may trigger Google to temporarily suspend a Gmail account and the user may be in trouble of no access to the Gmail.
GMail Drive is a Shell Name space Extension that creates a virtual file system around your Google GMail account, allowing you to use GMail as a storage medium.
One really interesting feature of Gmail Drive is that multiple computers can connect to one Gmail account thus allowing GMail Drive to act as a multi-user file server.
It allows a user to access a virtual drive stored in a Gmail e-mail account by causing the contents of the Gmail account to appear as a new network share on the user’s computer.
GMail Drive enables you to save and retrieve files stored on your GMail account directly from inside Windows Explorer.
To use GMail Drive, the computer must be connected to the Internet and the user must have a Gmail account. GMail Drive adds a new virtual drive to the computer under the My Computer folder, where the user can create new folders, copy and drag-and-drop files to.It is important to note that GMail Drive is not supported by Google.
The Gmail drive periodically check for any new files created in the virtual drive ,if yes,it generates an e-mail and posts it to the Gmail account’s inbox. The e-mail appears in the normal Inbox when using the normal Gmail , and the file is attached as an e-mail attachment.
Restrictions on the Gmail service are also enforced when using GMail Drive. For example, files larger than 25 MB cannot be uploaded.GMail Drive is an experimental package that depends on but is not provided by Google. Changes in Google’s Gmail system may render GMail Drive temporarily or permanently inoperable.
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,470 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,455 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,345 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,630 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,498 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,388 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,453 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,517 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,244 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,083 view(s)
- How to Use Wi-Fi the Secure Way
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?
- How To Optimize Your Google+ Page And Profile For Search Engines