The search engine world dominated by Google always in constant battle with people and programs that are trying to exploit its loopholes. To gain sudden traffic and best SERP rankings many people make use of practices that violates the SEO ethics. Even though each of the blackhat SEO techniques were proved good returns for a short span of time eventually caught and penalized by Google. People used to use many blackhat seo techniques like links exchange, keyword stuffing, cloaking, doorway pages etc to get quick traffic from search engines.
Establishing the content authority in search engine helps you to maintain the SERP rank even if your content is copied and published elsewhere. Content duplication is one such problem faced not only by Google but also by the content authors. Many people for the sake of feeding the search engines with continuous content publications copy the original content from somewhere else and publish in their website or blogs. But how a search engine treats them? Which content will get indexed first by the search engine? There is no guarantee on that. There are scenarios in which the duplicate and copied contents gets better SERP ranking than the original content.
But as a blogger or content author you can take few steps to avoid duplicate content in your site as well as setting up some of the best practices like using rich snippets.
Fix and Remove Duplicate Content from your Site and Blog
Duplicate content is created because of much reason. Primary reason is publishing the same or similar content again and again. These entries should be removed. The duplicate content problem arises because of the presence of multiple URLs pointing to the same content. You need to fix this problem also. We have published many articles on this topic and you may find them helpful. You can refer them below.
- Fix Duplicate Site Content: Avoid Google SERP Drop and Duplicate Content Penalty
- How to Avoid Duplicate Content on WordPress Blog
- Fix Duplicate Meta Descriptions Issue in Blogger BlogSpot blog
- Handle ?ftr=vidpgurl and ?replytocom URLs: Avoid Duplicate Content Issue
Establishing Content Authority using Authorship Mark-ups and rich snippets
In one of our previous discussion we talked about setting up authorship mark up to helps you to claim the authorship of the article you have written. Google provides various mechanisms to do this. Once you have done that Google may link your articles with your Google Profile. Google+ badges also help you in setting up the publisher information and linking that to your Goggle profile. Once Google links your publisher details to your Google+ profile, the search results will show that author information in search results. For example see the results below for globinch.com for the keyword “Microsoft key finder”.
The process of setting up the authorship is explained in the below article.
Authorship And Google Profile Picture In Google Search Results
Google has improved this process and now it is very easy to configure this. But even after setting up these markups there is no guarantee that your profile information appears in search results for your content.
You can also test your authorship setup using the Google Rich Snippets testing tool.
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,793 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,489 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,373 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,748 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,529 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,427 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,473 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,523 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,254 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,092 view(s)
- Samsung Galaxy Core Features, Specs, Price
- How to Use Wi-Fi the Secure Way
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?