So I am here at World Enterprise & IT Architecture summit 2011.This is the second day of the 6th annual summit of the IT Architecture World. The Summit started with John A. Zachman’s keynote session on Business-IT alignment. John Zachman is the originator of the Zachman Framework which is an Enterprise Architecture framework for enterprise, which provides a formal and highly structured way of viewing and defining an enterprise.
The second presentation session was by Sunil Datt Jha, who is the CEO & Chief Architect of iCMG World the organizer of this conference. He is a great presenter and talked about transforming business strategy to an IT implementation artifact.
The emphasis was on the fact that the Enterprise Architecture is a blueprint of an Enterprise and is also an asset to the business. Adaptive Architecture for transformation and innovation was another key discussion point across many sessions.
The next keynote session was with Inspector general of Police and Director of Karnataka Police Academy Amar Kumar Pandey IPS. A fantastic speaker who presented a real life case study in which he applied Zachman Framework or Enterprise Architecture to resolve a kidnap and murder case. He explained the systematic enterprise architecture style approach to crack the case and to nab the culprits. He used the term “Reverse Architecture” which is the process of decoding of the “architecture” of the criminal activity plan.
Other sessions were happening parallel and I attended the “Realist’s view of cloud computing” session. Cloud for scalability and the new offerings such as IaaS and PaaS and the real problems of the cloud and its cost effective usage was discussed. This was a useful session by Udayan Banarjee who is the CTO of NIIT Technologies.
The second day keynote session by Steve Towers who is the Founder & CEO of BP Group followed by Manoj Srivastava Director of IT MTS India.
John Heaton who is the chief Architect and CTO of Baker Hughes presented and excellent session on how to fast track creating an effective architecture group.
A session on Enterprise architecture using TOGAF framework was another good session from Roger Cutts, who is the Principal Consultant of iCMG UK.
Challenges in architecting & designing Exclus1es E-Commerce site which supports 10 million product catalogue using open source by Wesley Lynch of Realmdigital was also an interesting session.
How important is the role of an enterprise architect in software services companies which mainly build and supply for other enterprises is also came up during a panel discussion.
The second day session and the event concludes with the announcement of Enterprise & IT Architecture Excellence Awards.
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,477 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,456 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,345 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,630 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,498 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,388 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,453 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,517 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,244 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,083 view(s)
- How to Use Wi-Fi the Secure Way
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?
- How To Optimize Your Google+ Page And Profile For Search Engines