Isn’t it a great feature if you can just email to convert files to PDF? Converting files from one format to another is sometimes necessary. For example sometimes you may need to convert a word document to a PDF file. There are many tools and online services to do the document conversions. But the desktop tools require installation on your computer and online file conversion services requires you to upload the files to convert the same to a different format.
But what if you are in a situation where you cannot upload a file or install new software? Similarly you are using a smart phone and you just received an email with a MS Word attachment. Uploading files to an online conversion service will be a problem. If you want to convert the attached document to a different format such as PDF without download and upload, you can utilize the service Zamzar , which accept email attachment to convert a file from one format to another.
Convert Files into Different Formats by sending Email
Zamzar is a file conversion service that allows you to email a file and then download the converted file. You just need to email the file or forward the email which has a file attachment to Zamzar to convert it the required format. The “TO” email address indicates the conversion type. For example if you want to convert a file to PDF format you need to send the mail to email@example.com. In other ways the “To” address should be “firstname.lastname@example.org” where “tofileformat” should be replaced with the file type of the desired output format.
Zamzar has listed the list of supported file formats. The list contains Document formats, Image formats, Music formats, Video formats-Book formats, compressed formats and CAD formats supported by Zamzar
Once you send the file you will receive an email update once the conversion is complete and ready to download. You can click the download link to download the converted file. For the free service Zamzar currently store converted files for a 24 hour period. You can also convert a file into more than one format via email conversion, You just need to include email addresses for all the formats you want to convert to in the “To:” field of your email. Also on your iPhone or iPad if you receive an email with an attachment that you cannot open, just forward the email to Zamzar using the required file format email address.One good thing about Zamzar service is that you do not need to register to use their free service and the free service offers quite good features.
Using Zamzar website you can directly upload files and convert them. For free users there is a maximum file upload limit of 100 MB. If you sign up for an account with Zamzar though you can upload files up to 1 GB in size.
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,461 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,455 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,344 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,616 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,497 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,387 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,453 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,517 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,244 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,082 view(s)
- How to Use Wi-Fi the Secure Way
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?
- How To Optimize Your Google+ Page And Profile For Search Engines