Firefox allow you to save username and passwords so that those fields will auto populate next time you visit the website. If you have saved lots of passwords then Firefox password backup is critical.
But how do we backup Firefox password? Here in this article we will discuss two different methods to backup Firefox password. First method is a manual method without using any plugin. Second method is by installing popular Firefox Password Backup plugins.
You can easily see the saved usernames and passwords by visiting the Firefox menu Tools->Options->Security. To see the list of sites for which the username and passwords are stored, just click the “Saved Passwords” button . The “Show Passwords” button in the popup will show you the saved password for each site.
- Password Revealer: How to Reveal- Show Password behind Asterisks?
- How To Decrypt MD5 Hashed (Encrypted) Strings?
- Google Chrome: How to Protect your synced website passwords
- Top Ten Tips to Keep Your Passwords Safe and Strong
Backup Firefox Passwords Manually
You can also set a master password to protect your saved passwords. (You can set the master password by going to Tools->Options->Security). Firefox saves the password in particular file format. You just need to backup these files periodically to ensure that you have the backup of all the saved paswords and usernames. These password store files differ based on the version of Firefox you use.
The Firefox password files are stored in the “Profile” folder of Firefox Browser. Read the below article to find your Firefox Profile Folder.
Backing up and restoring passwords in Firefox 3.5 and later versions
Firefox 3.5 and later versions use the file signons.sqlite to store the encrypted names and passwords. Master Password / Encryption key will be stored in key3.db file. So you need copy both of these files to a safe location.
Backing up and restoring passwords in Firefox 3
In Firefox 3 the password file is signons3.txt and the Master Password file is key3.db. Just take the copy of these files to keep your Firefox password backup.
Backing up and restoring passwords in Firefox 2
In Firefox 2 the password file is signons2.txt and the Master Password file is key3.db. You need to copy these files to keep your Firefox password backup.
Backup Firefox Passwords using Add-Ons
Password Exporter is a popular Firefox Add-on that allows you to export your saved passwords and disabled login hosts using XML or CSV files that can be imported later. An optional obfuscation feature is provided that makes the exported files hard for humans to read
Get Password Exporter
FEBE backs up your extensions, themes, bookmarks, preferences, passwords, cookies and just about everything else Firefox offers (it can even backup/restore your entire profile).
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,474 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,456 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,345 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,630 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,498 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,388 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,453 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,517 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,244 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,083 view(s)
- How to Use Wi-Fi the Secure Way
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?
- How To Optimize Your Google+ Page And Profile For Search Engines