In Part 1 and 2 of the Website performance optimization series We have analysed
7 steps to Speed up website loading – Faster Website Tips -Part 1
Those steps are really essential to make sure that the website performance and loading time is faster.
But how do we really check whether your website is serving compressed scripts or not?
One way to achieve this by checking the response header from the server. But to check this manually is bit difficult.To help us in this we have few wonderful tools available here.
1.Firebug firefox add-on (Read more about firebug here)
Firebug is the most popular web development tool for Firefox.Install the add-on and you can verify the data compression and speed related issues using the tool.
Get Firebug from Here or Here.
Click the FireBug icon in the right hand side of your Firefox status bar. This will open a window and click the “Page Speed” menu and then click the “Analyse performance” button.
This will do a series of checks and validations.Once the validation is over the tool will display the summary as shown below.Click the Performance sub menu in the result window.
Check for the “Enable Compression” in the tree structured results.If your website is not optimized for data compression this will not show a tick mark. Instead it will show a red icon.
Expand this entry and will show the suggestions and the list of files which needs compression.
Now click the “Resources” menu. This will show the list of files served from the server. Select any of the file and check the Request and response headers.Verify the “Content-Encoding” header in the Response Header.
2. Online service to check web page compression / deflate / gzip
There is a neat tool available to check whether your website is optimized for GZIP compression or not.
The online tool is provided by GIDNetwork and you can try it here.
See the sample result below.This tool will also gives you the Response Headers as well as the page source.
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,405 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,449 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,344 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,598 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,496 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,376 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,451 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,514 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,243 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,082 view(s)
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?
- How To Optimize Your Google+ Page And Profile For Search Engines
- Find Serial Numbers, Backup Product Keys of Installed Application in Windows