How to enlarge an image or picture without losing its quality? Image scaling is always a challenging process. Enlarging an image also called upsampling or interpolating sometimes necessary to fit the image size requirements. Enlarging an image results in image quality reduction. But there are methods and tools available that tries to make this quality reduction minimal by increasing the number of pixels that an image contains.
There are many methods to enlarge an image without major quality losses.
Nearest-neighbour interpolation is a method of doubling the size of an image by replacing every pixel with four pixels of the same colour. But this method results in undesirable jaggedness such as stair like lines that appear where there should be smooth straight lines or curves.
- 10 Best Free Video Editing Software for Download
- WebP Image Format – Google WebP Image Format Converter and Editors
- Best Free Tools to Compress Images without Losing Quality
- Best Screen Crop Tool and Screen Capture Utility
Bilinear interpolation technique is better at preserving smooth contours in the image but causes softening of details of the image. There are also other methods such as supersampling, pixel art scaling algorithms and aims at enlarging images without many changes in its original quality. Most of the photo editing software duplicate pixels as needed to make the photo as big as you requested.
There are tools available to enlarge images with maximum quality.
Tools to Enlarge pictures without losing quality
Imagiris is a web based image processing tool that helps you to enlarge your image, Denoising images and also helps you in Refocusing. The Imagiris denoising preserves the details better and removes more noise compared to other tools. The tool also let you remove subtle noise that may be unnoticeable in the original picture but could become apparent once enlarged.
SmillaEnlarger is a small graphical tool (based on Qt ) to resize, especially magnify bitmaps in high quality. The tool is free and is developed as a SourceForge project.SmillaEnlarger also provides many image adjustment options and an instant preview window to see the real-time preview of the enlarged images. SmillaEnlarger will save the images automatically with a new name.
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,458 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,455 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,344 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,614 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,497 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,385 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,453 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,517 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,243 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,082 view(s)
- How to Use Wi-Fi the Secure Way
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?
- How To Optimize Your Google+ Page And Profile For Search Engines