Image lossless compression techniques helps you to compress images to reduce image size without losing quality. How to compress images without losing its quality?
The image size may be huge, especially if you use high mega pixel camera, you may find difficulties in uploading or using images elsewhere. Moreover reducing the size of images without losing its quality will help to save hard disk space. If you want to publish images of photographs online or if you want to use images in your blog/website then huge size definitely becomes a bottleneck.
As you may aware, the Image compression can be lossy or lossless compression. Lossy compression results in loss of fidelity while lossless compression results in reduced image size without reducing its quality . Usually methods like Run-length encoding, DPCM and Predictive Coding, Entropy encoding etc. are used to achieve lossless image compression. Algorithms like JPEG-LS and standards like JPEG 2000 are among the most common algorithms and standards (JPEG images). The quality of image compression is measured using Peak signal-to-noise ratio (PSNR) and is the amount of noise introduced through a lossy compression of the same.
You may also like to Read:
- WebP Image Format – Google WebP Image Format Converter and Editors
- Top Tools to Optimize Images and Speed Up Your Site
- How to Optimize Images for Blog and Websites
There are some useful tools that helps you to compress images without losing its quality.
Tools to Compress Images without Losing Quality
JPEGMini is a cool free web service, which allows you to compress JPEG images without loss of quality.JPEGMini uses photo optimization technology that reduces the file size of photos by up to 5X. It uses the standard baseline JPEG format. If you register for the service you will get features like Upload of full albums, Share on Picasa and Flickr, Unlimited usage etc. and are completely free also. You can also upload photos and other JPEG images from your website to our online service, and download the re-compressed images.
PNG and MNG tools
PNG and MNG tools are developed by open source project that helps you to optimize the compress PNG files.These tools also allows you to manipulate PNG (Portable Network Graphics), MNG (Multiple-image Network Graphics), and JNG (JPEG Network Graphics) files.
Get PNG and MNG tools
According to the developers Caesium reduces the size of your picture up to 90%, preserving the original quality. The tool support batch processing, easy preview, picture-by-picture compression level, meta-tag information support etc.The tool also allows you to drag and drop images and also allows you to rename files with custom suffix.
PictureBarf is another free image compression tool that helps users to shrink batches of images for easy distribution over email or other online methods.The tool with a simple interface helps you to process multiple images simultaneously and allows you to drag and drop images to the interface for shrinking. The shrinking is controlled by a scale factor.
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,460 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,455 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,344 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,616 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,497 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,387 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,453 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,517 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,244 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,082 view(s)
- How to Use Wi-Fi the Secure Way
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?
- How To Optimize Your Google+ Page And Profile For Search Engines