There many online storage services available as both free and paid services.But many of these online backup storage services has drawbacks associated with them. Many of them have storage limitations like 2GB or bit more. Also there are limitations like the number of files that you can share during a specified time period. To overcome these limitations you need to opt for paid service.
Another important point is that you need to make sure the credibility of the online storage service provider. This is important because many such services can go offline without notice! . Yes that is true, and that happened many times. You will end up losing your valuable files and information. Reliability of your online storage data is important.
Check the Omnidrive service which was popular before, now redirects to Nomadesk!
There are services like Drop.io or GMail Drive are available
Advantage of using Windows Live SkyDrive.
This is product from Microsoft’s Windows Live family of online services. SkyDrive file storage and sharing service allows users to upload files to the computing cloud. You can then access those from a web browser.
- You can store up to 25 GB of photos and files. You can make files and folders private or you can share with your network of friends.
- You can arrange folders and keep your files inside just like windows explorer.Set permissions for each top-level folder that you create.
- Displaying images is another good feature. JPG, JPEG, GIF, BMP, PNG, TIF, and TIFF file types display with thumbnail images or in an online slide show
- Download an entire folder on SkyDrive as a local zip file. This is a great feature. You dont have to download multiple files one by one.
- SkyDrive is a part of Windows Live network of online services. So the reliability will not be an issue.
- Skydrive is really a cool service and if you use IE7 or higher you can drag and drop the files to upload files. Don’t have to browse through folders.
- For each folders and files SkyDrive gives one web address something similar given below.
You can share links directly to your folders, files, and photos, or embed your photos and files in your blog or web page.To make this available to your friends you should make it public by sharing.
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,419 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,450 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,344 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,605 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,496 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,377 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,452 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,515 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,243 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,082 view(s)
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?
- How To Optimize Your Google+ Page And Profile For Search Engines
- Find Serial Numbers, Backup Product Keys of Installed Application in Windows