Computer Screen magnifier software usually presents an enlarged portion of the original screen content, These software tools helps people suffering from low vision problems. If you are using Windows operating system then the OS includes a magnifier application called “Magnifier“. Windows 7 includes an improved version of Magnifier and it features full-screen magnification that allows a user to pan around the screen at up to 16× magnification. The built-in screen magnification feature of Mac OS X can be used at any time holding the Control key and scrolling the mouse wheel to zoom in or zoom out.
Another free software tool “Virtual Magnifying Glass” is a cross platform open source product that is much more user friendly and easy to use.
Virtual Magnifying Glass: Free Computer Screen Magnifier Tool
The Virtual Magnifying Glass is a cross platform screen magnifier for Windows, Linux, FreeBSD and Mac OS X. The tool is simple to use and is customizable. The most useful feature of this tool is that it does not open a separate program window for the magnification but instead puts a movable magnifying glass on the screen. Most of the other tools open a separate program window for magnification.The tool has multi-monitor support and you can controls zoom factor using mouse scroll wheel. The virtual Magnifying Glass adds a system tray icon that provides a number of options. Right-click the Magnifying Glass system tray icon to open the Magnifying Glass menu for various customization options including the lens width selection. It has a variable scale factor from 1x to 32x. The software shows the centre pixel’s RGB values that can be copied with Ctrl+C.
You can run the tool in dynamic mode. In dynamic mode user can interact with the window under the magnifier using mouse, scroll wheel, keyboard, etc. The application supports a number of shortcut keys. Esc key closes magnifier window and Q key closes the software.
- Microsoft® Windows® 7, Vista, 2003, XP, 2000, NT, ME, 98 or 95
- Linux system running X11
- Mac OS X 10.4 up to 10.6
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,426 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,450 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,344 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,606 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,496 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,377 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,452 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,515 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,243 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,082 view(s)
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?
- How To Optimize Your Google+ Page And Profile For Search Engines
- Find Serial Numbers, Backup Product Keys of Installed Application in Windows