Okay, there is really no need to describe what Facebook is – it’s so ubiquitous that it’s improbable you don’t know what it is about. So here is a brief list, as we dive right into the point, to show you Facebook tips and tricks that will make your Facebook experience easier.
- How to Unfriend someone without making it obvious: Go to the Subscribe button on your friend’s account. See which choices are checked, like Music and Videos etc, and notice that an option says how many updates you want to see. If you click on Most Important, you can avoid all the nonsense updates.
- Keep Facebook Comments private: Click the story you want to share and have a comment to make on. Use the time stamp on the left to post the story to your own wall, and then you can select which people view your wall, and ensure only they can see your comments. You do know how to control which people see your wall, don’t you?
- Put Facebook toolbar on the browser: Although it works only on Mozilla, it is so cool it is worth a mention. Just click on Mozilla toolbar to see what you can add as one, and check on Facebook. You can install the plug-in easily and this is something we hope to see on other browsers.
- Flip your Facebook status upside down: This is a fun way to get some attention on Facebook and have your friends asking you how you did it. Go to upsidedowntext.com and flip a status. Share this secret carefully!
- Upload Picasa directly to Facebook: If you love Google and have been using Picasa then this is great for you since you can easily upload Picasa pictures directly onto Facebook albums by installing the Picasa plug-in and adding the Facebook button to Picasa.
- Facebook chat tricks: Appear on chat only to selected people: Great for avoiding people you don’t want to talk to, create a list on your chat option by going to Friends List under chat. Create a list and make a list of people you don’t want to chat to.
- Poke friends automatically: Poking is such a social etiquette now that it can become hard and tedious to poke everyone who has poked you. Auto Poke is an add-on that can let you poke people automatically when they’ve poked you.
- Know which friend has blocked you: Although Facebook has deleted this; you can go to findxfriends.com to see if you have been blocked. Use at own risk!
- Update Facebook status without being on Facebook: Hellotxt.com is one of the many places you can update your Facebook status from even though you are not online. Great for use when the Facebook app just refuses to load on your phone!
- Use Microsoft Outlook to access Facebook: A great tool to sync it all, and use Facebook at work, download the Facebook for Microsoft Outlook plug-in and check out what your friends are up to.
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,463 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,455 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,344 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,619 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,497 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,387 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,453 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,517 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,244 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,082 view(s)
- How to Use Wi-Fi the Secure Way
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?
- How To Optimize Your Google+ Page And Profile For Search Engines