Even though there are plenty of Google search features , the following seems to be the most useful features.Many of the Google users use Google search</a> only for searching particular term,but Google has a lot of other built in features.
Calculator,Currency Converter,Weather report,Time,Site search,Dictionary Definitions,Spell Checker
Let us see those in detail.
Google Search has many useful feature to improve the Search Experience.Most of the Google users either not aware of many such features or do not use them.
Here let us see how can we use Google search Google search tips: Calculator | Google‘s built-in Calculator and use Google search as calculator
Google‘s built-in Calculator and how to use Google search as calculator.
To do this simply enter the calculation you’d like to do into the Google search box.
See the simple calculation here. To calculate 2^3 +3^3 we can use Google search as Calculator. See below.
See the more complex calculations below.
2. Use Google Search as Currency Converter
Google search can be used for Currency conversion.This is one among the many built in features of Google search.
Google‘s built in Currency Converter feature can be used in Google search. In order to use the built-in currency converter, simply enter the conversion you want to do into the Google search box.Google will do the conversion.
The format of the conversion string should be like “1 USD IN GBP”.
Before using the displayed rates just see the see disclaimer link.
See the sample conversion screen shot.
3. Weather report of cities around the world.
To check the weather for many U.S. and worldwide cities, type “weather” followed by the city and state.
The format is like “weather manchester”.
See the screenshot below.
4. Time in many cities around the world
This is another wonderful feature of Google Search.To see the time in many cities around the world, type in “time” and the name of the city.
See the image below.
5. Limit Gogle Search to a particular site.
If you want to search only one particular site you can do it by adding “site:” followed by the site name after the search term.
For example you want to search for windows OS tips Globinch posts ,then you can try this search as windows tips site:globinch.com
6. Dictionary Definitions
Are you searching for definition of a word or a phrase,you can use Google Search to do that.Simply type the word “define” then a space, then the word(s) you want defined.
To see a list of different definitions from different sources just type as “define:your term”.For example “define:baby”
For single definition just type “define baby” without a colon.
7. Spell Checker
When you type a word or sentence Google’s spell checking software automatically checks your query whther it uses the most common spelling of a given word.
For example if you type “markr” instead of “marker”,the Google will ask “Did you mean: explosion”.
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,470 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,455 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,345 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,627 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,498 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,388 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,453 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,517 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,244 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,083 view(s)
- How to Use Wi-Fi the Secure Way
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?
- How To Optimize Your Google+ Page And Profile For Search Engines