It is considered that websites which takes more than 5 second to load will loose 50% of its customers or users.Recent Akamai press release reveals 2 Seconds as the New Threshold of Acceptability for e Commerce Web Page Response Times.
So how do you check your website / web page load or response time. It is important to test this and find out the improvement areas to maintain a good website or portal.
Here is a list of 5 tools or services which you can use to find out the same.
Log in to your Google Webmaster Tools.Select your website. Expand the labs links on the left and click on the ‘Site performance’ link.There you can see the option to download and install Install the Page Speed browser add-on.
Once downloaded and installed you can start using this tool as below.You should have firebug add-on installed on your Firefox.
You can access Page speed by selecting Tools > Firebug > Open Firebug then in the Firebug window, select the Page Speed tab.
Click Analyse Performance. When the page is analysed, Page Speed displays the list of web performance parameters.
This wonderful tool gives suggestion to improve the website performance.
Like Page Speed browser add-on from Google the YSlow from yahoo is also a Firefox add-on integrated with the Firebug web development tool.YSlow analyzes web pages and suggests ways to improve their performance based on certain set of rules.
to use Yahoo YSlow you should have Firebug add-on installed.Then you can download YSlow from here.
This is a very useful online utility to test the website speed.The tool checks Key Optimizations parameters like Enable keep-alive,Compress Text,Compress Images,Cache static content,Combine js and CSS files,Use a CDN etc and reports whether the test failed or a success.
The tool gives very good reports including Summary,Detailed Results,Performance Review,Optimization Report, Content Breakdown,Domain Breakdown,Screen Shot etc.
The Full Optimization Checklist report is really useful in deciding your websites speed bottlenecks.
Browser plug-in for Internet Explorer that visually displays the underlying requests made by the browser for content. It also provides suggestions on how to improve the performance of the measured page. Pagetest was built for IE6 and IE7.Pagetest includes a time line in its waterfall charts, and numbers the objects to make object performance analysis.
This is another online service to check how fast your website loads. This will give you the load time of your website as well as the Average Speed per KB.Here you can add Maximum 10 domains together and compare the load time of your website with other websites.
To use this service visit here.
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,487 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,456 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,346 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,634 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,498 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,389 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,453 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,517 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,244 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,083 view(s)
- How to Use Wi-Fi the Secure Way
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?
- How To Optimize Your Google+ Page And Profile For Search Engines