Adding a Autocomplete search box or Suggestive search box using Ajax or JQuery to the website or blog is always a good idea. When the user search for something the search bx suggests a list of posts based on the search term the user enters. Something similar to Google Autocomplete suggestive search. This will help the user or reader of your blog to easily find the content they are searching for.
If your blog platform is wordpress there are a number of WordPress plugins which offers the search autocomplete feature are available. Few of them are providing pretty good features like suggesting not only relevant words or phrases but the relevent post title and descriptions (like the Dave’s WordPress Live Search) also. Find below a list of such plugins that you can download and configure for your wordpress blog.
Top 5 WordPress Autocomplete Search plugins
1. Enhanced Search Box
Get Enhanced Search Box
2. Live Search Popup
This plugin adds live search with an Ajax popup to the default search box. It can be used as a widget or directly as a PHP call in the theme.
Get Live Search
3. Dave’s WordPress Live Search
Dave’s WordPress Live Search adds “live search” functionality to your WordPress site. As visitors type words into your WordPress site’s search box, the plugin continually queries WordPress, looking for search results that match what the user has typed so far. This plugin is compatible with the xLanguage plugin for internationalization (i18n) of search results.
Get Dave’s WordPress Live Search
4. Google Ajax Search
This Google Ajax Search plugin adds a Google AJAX Search box on your site. The plugin options include searching your site through Google Blog Search and/or straight up Google, a second search. You will need an API key from Google Ajax search first.
Get Google Ajax Search
5. ThreeWP Ajax Search
ThreeWP Ajax Search enables ajax searches for content. ThreeWP Ajax Search is another good plugin to add ajax autocomplete or suggestive search to your wordpress blog or site. This plugin works right out of the box be can be customized using options, CSS and jQuery customizations.
Get ThreeWP Ajax Search
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,798 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,490 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,373 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,751 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,529 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,429 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,473 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,523 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,254 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,092 view(s)
- Samsung Galaxy Core Features, Specs, Price
- How to Use Wi-Fi the Secure Way
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?