The mobile app industry exploded recently into what is practically a new gold rush. Everyone is scrambling to get a piece of the pie, so to speak. Mobile apps have the benefits of relatively short turn over and low cost for initial investment, prompting many amateurs and veterans alike to try their hand at programming.
Your app could even be the next big craze, and even if you don’t strike it rich overnight there is still the potential to turn a healthy profit. Of course, you’ll need to avoid common pitfalls in mobile app design and development to ensure quality returns for the time and effort you invested.
- Top 10 and Best Free Android VPN Client Apps
- Best Free Google Analytics Apps for Android, iPhone and iPad
- How to Type Fast on Android? Best Free Keyboard Apps.
Mobile App Design: Top 5mistakes to Avoid
1. Going in Naked
If this is your first foray into the world of app development, try to get some experience under your belt before you dive headfirst into the app market. Try designing a mobile website first, to get your first taste of the problems and limitations you will face when it comes time to develop an app for the marketplace. You can even incorporate elements of your app-to-be in a mobile website, and update it as you go to debug and clean things up.
Many new app developers have a tendency to get too ambitious with their early projects. It’s natural, of course; you have a head full of ideas and you want to get them all out at once. However, beware of making your app too complicated and busy. The most successful apps focus on one simple concept and do it better than competitors. Keeping things simple will have the additional benefit of keeping development time and coding issues to a minimum.
3. Flying Solo
For experienced programmers, developing an app all alone may be an option, but for most it would be a major mistake. If you’re not already acquainted with the various languages and limitations of programming you will find yourself toiling away for countless hours without producing results. If you intend to develop this app on your own, educate yourself as much as possible about programming and start with baby steps. Otherwise, hire a professional developer.
4. Ignoring the Platform
Remember that you’re not creating just any program here. Mobile apps are a whole different animal from usual programming fare. They’re operated by touch screens, they’re meant for short bursts of interaction, and they need to be simple and engaging in order not to be overlooked. Consider every possible complication of the platform. Will cell phone screen protectors inhibit usability? Will users be able to utilize your app while multitasking? Will your app be understandable right off the bat?
5. Inadequate Marketing
Apps don’t get popular on their own. If you expect your app to hit it big and start bringing in profits, you’ll need to raise awareness. This could mean setting up a website where the public can find more information about your mobile app, it could mean creating and promoting Facebook and Twitter pages, or even going viral with your marketing. The particular solution will depend on your particular app, so think long and hard about ideal marketing strategies.
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,409 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,450 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,344 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,601 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,496 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,377 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,452 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,515 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,243 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,082 view(s)
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?
- How To Optimize Your Google+ Page And Profile For Search Engines
- Find Serial Numbers, Backup Product Keys of Installed Application in Windows