Blog footer design is one of the most neglected but important point to consider while setting up a blog. You will find hundreds of blogs without footer or with a footer which lacks any useful information or links. A rich footer is one of the striking features of many successful websites and blogs. A rich and functional footer helps the users to find useful information. Informative footer serves the purpose of a multi-functional widget that provides many different features. The well designed footer helps to avoid adding every piece of necessary links and information on sidebars and header. A less crowded header and a neat sidebar helps to give a clean look to the website.
Why it is Important to have a Rich Blog Footer Design?
Usually people scroll all the way to footer if the blog provides really useful information and produces engaging content. This always persuades the readers scroll until the footer.
Frequent users of websites usually search for vital links in footer. Information like the author information, company information, affiliate links etc normally appears in footer.
Also a rich footer can offer email subscription and your social media profile links to the user so that they can easily subscribe them. See a similar design below.
What should be there in the Blog Footer?
A link to the RSS or Atom feed is must in the footer. Sometimes people give an option to subscribe RSS fee of each of their categories so that people who are interested only one category can subscribe it without opting to subscribe the complete feed.
Also it is important to add a link to go back to the top of that page as part of the footer. This helps the user from scrolling all the way t o reach the top section of the page. This is a must if you have long articles and pages.
Another information that needs to be part of your blog footer is the links to the archive pages. Usually blog readers search for archives to find useful articles. Instead of making the sidebar more crowded you can move the archive links to the footer.
It is always important that you should not repeat links to the same age across header, footer and sidebars. For example a link to home page is not required to be there in the footer.
You should offer a link to sitemap in the footer. You can link both HTML sitemap and XML sitemap links in the footer.
You can also add a list of most popular posts in the footer. This helps the readers to find out what is the trending topic of the blog. This also helps to increase page views.
Also it’s good to add top commentators information in the footer.
You can also think about adding advertisement options, giveaways links etc in the footer to make it more rich and interesting.
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,410 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,450 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,344 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,601 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,496 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,377 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,452 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,515 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,243 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,082 view(s)
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?
- How To Optimize Your Google+ Page And Profile For Search Engines
- Find Serial Numbers, Backup Product Keys of Installed Application in Windows